StarMetroland Media is looking for an experienced, energetic and motivated sales person to join our dynamic sales team in Calgary. The sales team is responsible for providing clients with access to a wide range of best-in-class marketing solutions. From Calgary’s #1 newspaper to digital display to search to social to native to video, we offer a full suite of marketing solutions. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in driving revenue for the StarMetroland Media sales team in Calgary.
As a member of our high performance sales team you will:
- Manage a large portfolio of existing key accounts
- Actively prospect and generate new advertising revenue
- Assist clients with building their brand, generating awareness about their products/events/services and/or driving conversion goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new clients including hosting at events as necessary
- Respond to client queries and follow-up on all client calls and emails
- Achieve and exceed allocated sales targets
- Develop and present persuasive presentations
- Log daily sales activity into CRM
What you need to be successful:
- 5 years of demonstrated success in a sales role (ideally at a media or marketing company)
- At least a base knowledge of digital marketing
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Dedication to achieving extraordinary results
- Excellent oral & written presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills, highly organized, detail oriented, efficient, ability to meet tight deadlines, ability to set priorities and manage daily tasks
- Creative and collaborative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- CRM experience is an asset
- Must be a team player with a great… and we mean great… sense of humor J
Why you will love working here:
- The unique opportunity to work in media
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the leading edge of the digital marketing industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment!
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you work/life balance
- We’ve got your health in mind; you’ll get a comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) including a minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
…and let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.