Delivery Ink is the largest print distribution network in Canada that provides best in class consolidated distribution management for the Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail portfolio of products within Ontario, to hundreds of thousands on a daily basis. Our broad network of Home Delivery and Single Copy points of call allows us to successfully integrate consolidated distribution and established the foundational infrastructure for future growth of multi-product distribution
Delivery Ink is ready to exceed your home delivery needs!
Reporting to the COO & GM, the Manager - Transportation, Dispatching & Distribution is responsible for the management of all dispatching, transportation and newsstand optimization activities within the Province of Ontario.
- The successful candidate will illustrate a keen understanding of effective delivery and transportation economics, consolidation and efficiencies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the development of a consolidated strategy with a model for implementation and execution.
- The candidate will develop a budget, process, performance measures, and will be accountable for the implementation and execution of the strategy.
- They will drive continuous improvement through a proactive approach, while establishing strong relationships with Delivery Ink Vendors, Partners and colleagues to ensure the customer experience is delivered consistently, meeting all service metrics and expectations.
- Develop and present a consolidated dispatching, delivery and transportation plan for the Province of Ontario
- Effectively manage and monitor performance of several current vendors and transportation service providers, including general LTL / FTL road cargo, limited intermodal, break-bulk activities and line hauling activities.
- Identify route management efficiencies that lead to improved service levels to internal customers and cost savings to Delivery Ink. Develop and propose process changes to enable these improvements and lead the change to realize the benefits.
- Develop, manage and ensure the timely and complete delivery of all daily contract orders. This includes fleet and vendor integrity monitoring, third party delivery negotiations, route management and optimization.
- Develop, control, and analyze a financial budget.
- Develop and Negotiate contracts.
- Analyze and interpret internal and external transportation data and identify improvement opportunities/corrective action.
- Establish targets; implement strategy for efficient and cost effective methods of achieving operational metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Create detailed project plans, monitor progress, and make adjustments necessary to ensure project goals are met.
- Identify and resolve dispatching, transportation and delivery operations problems; take corrective action to ensure that immediate problems are resolved and root problems addressed.
- Set priorities to ensure timely completion of tasks within the area of responsibility
- Liaise with other departments, Vendor locations and depot sites to establish an effective partnership and comprehensive understanding of the entire supply chain.
- Lead or participate in special projects and implementations
- Familiar with applicable provincial and federal regulations for the safe transportation of materials and equipment including
- Graduate and/or Post graduate level with a focus on business and/or engineering.
- Candidates should be experienced in transportation logistics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Relevant industry experience with the ability to demonstrate results from past initiatives.
- Experience in managing inbound and outbound freight contractors, 3PL logistics providers, and procuring services is key to the role.
- Candidates should have proven experience in identifying and implementing total cost of ownership optimization initiatives throughout the transportation and customs supply chain, and be able to present demonstrated results on past initiatives.
- Well-developed change management and project management skills are necessary
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach others
- Excellent communication, problem solving, computer, and people management skills
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.