We are looking for a Jr. Desktop Support Analyst to join our team and provide first & second level support of multiple internal stakeholders, with a focus on Editorial. As the Jr. Desktop Support Analyst, you will report into the Director, Business Solutions, Development & QA, and are responsible for supporting critical applications and hardware. In addition, you will play a role in IT Business Engagement and relationship management across a diverse group of stakeholders and play a leading role in facilitating and resolving day-to-day issues. The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical foundation (Desktop Support focus), be customer service orientated, have an exceptional ability to multitask, manage competing deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA):
- Evaluate and resolve issues from business user experiencing problems with hardware, software, network and other computing related technologies (telephone, voicemail, and email) and logs these using Torstar incident management/service request tool.
- Triage Work orders to determine area responsible for the problem.
- Troubleshooting pc’s, laptops, desktops, cell phones, tablets, and basic network/print problems
- Identifying, documenting and validating requirements, to align with IT practices with corporate objectives
- Provide recommendations and assist in carrying out upgrades on the Editorial business systems/applications as required (this includes application patch management)
- Enterprise application support – Required to troubleshoot application problems on behalf of Application support team. Often responsible for implementing the fix.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot issues (eg. TELUS)
- Problem triage and notification to appropriate Business Solutions or Infrastructure team.
- Send out department-wide communications when needed
- Responsible for following up on issues until they have been resolved.
- Work on IT related projects as required.
- Remote user support
- Corporate communications
- Front line Customer support (phone, e-mail, and walk up)
- Processing Service Requests
- Documentation of escalations, processes, and procedures
- Assist Infrastructure teams by being their “Hands on” staff onsite
Primary Activities Required Ensuring Success in KRA’s:
- Team Meeting monthly with Manager to review accomplishments, and Objectives
- One on One meeting with Manager quarterly (QA review, and accomplishments)
- Ability to communicate well, and empathize with customers’ situation
- Must be patient, resourceful, technical, people savvy and diplomatic
- Keep Customers satisfied in light of conflicting business interests, develop the professionalism of Desktop Support Analyst, and promote excellent internal customer service
- Spend time troubleshooting before escalating
- Taking responsibility for tickets/projects
- Handling difficult customers or situations
- Must learn internal application(s) in order to troubleshoot
- Travel over large geographic areas
- Make decisions regarding local hardware, i.e. recommend replacement, upgrade, purchases escalate decisions to Manager, Desktop Support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, or related technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- Two or more years of desktop support, work experience involving systems and network administration, security, Windows 7/10 workstations, Mac OS 10.x-13.x workstations, Microsoft O365, and Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and SMTP).
- MCSA Certification, ITIL Foundations a benefit
Skills and Competencies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting agendas from different stakeholders
- Business and Technical Acumen, with a keen interest to understand how the business works
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of multiple Operating Systems (Windows, MAC, Unix/Linux, iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of MDM would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of PERL, Shell Scripting, HTML, Java Script, PHP and XML would be an added advantage
- Familiarity or practical experience with the following Products: Microsoft Office 2010/O365, Active Directory, Apple OS 10.x-13.x, Adobe Acrobat full client and Reader, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Familiarity or practical experience with any of the following Products: VoIP, VPN, Anti-Virus, Cisco Security, Remote Access Tools.
- Troubleshooting of workstation and laptop hardware, peripherals, operating systems, printer support (where not offered by a third party), Blackberry, Apple, Android and other PDA’s and third-party applications.
- Ability to create, compose and edit technical documents.
- Available to answer phone as 1st level support; provide immediate support
- Evening shifts 11am-7pm
- Mental stress – constant deadline pressure
- Ability to quickly triage problem. If not a desktop issue then escalate to appropriate SME
- Rapidly changing priorities based on Business needs
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel within GTA
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and handle other computer components.
- Participation in the rotation of onsite support and emergency after-hours support.
- Occasional Overtime for special projects or emergency situations required.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.