Reporting to Manager, Ad Operations, the ad operations specialist will be a part of the team responsible for the day-to-day advertising operations of Metro and Toronto Star Digital properties through scheduling, targeting and testing ad campaigns.
- Multi-platform (digital) campaign management (desktop, mobile, tablet/smartphone optimized sites)
- Ensure campaigns are delivered properly and according to advertiser order specifications
- Be a resource for optimization strategies, campaign analysis and performance standards
- Work closely with sales, sales production, client services and several other teams within the organization to create and optimize processes for booking and scheduling ads, delivery and client reporting.
- Providing necessary reporting to external customers (e.g., campaign performance reports) and internal groups (e.g., resolution of any billing discrepancies)
- Providing and assisting with inventory and forecasting estimates
- Provide on-call support for after hours ad-related emergencies as necessary
- Monitor run rates to ensure full delivery against contracted performance, and proactively recommend solutions to mitigate underperformance
- The job is fast paced and exciting and the candidate will be part of a dynamic group of individuals with a great team spirit.
- 1–3 years of prior trafficking experience with a strong understanding of ad systems
- Familiar with online advertising, marketing and sales concepts and metrics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop professional relationships with our advertisers and various internal stake holders
- Ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Strong attention to detail
Stuff That’s Not on a Resume
- Driven and organized self-starter, with excellent planning skills
- Constructive negotiator, pragmatic and decisive
- Thrives on being on the leading edge
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with highly interactive processes
- Excellent planning skills, highly organized and detailed person
- Works well in an iterative team environment
- Superb problem solver and solution oriented
- Honest and hardworking
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.