Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven . You’ll be a champion of those priorities while you leverage Torstar’s wealth of data to drive revenues for a company that is poised and positioned to lead in all of its media ventures.
Your key goal is to support the Content teams through insights and analysis, focused on content analytics that lead to subscriptions and optimal customer experiences. You possess a hybrid skill-set of strong analytical depth coupled with business acumen and can leverage your skills to deliver analysis and recommendations to various business units. You will help drive a data-first culture across the organization. This position reports to the Manager – Content Analytics.
What You Will Do…
- Work closely with Content stakeholders to inform content changes based on your insights
- Gain a deep understanding of stakeholders’ KPIs and in order to deliver automated reporting to the stakeholders with recommendations for iteration
- Leverage the data gathered to better understand how customers find content, where they consume it, how to further optimize that experience, and drive them down the subscription funnel
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as the data engineering team and business intelligence team to ensure that data required by stakeholders is collected and reported effectively in order to help drive successful business outcomes
- Understand each stakeholders’ products, KPIs, goals and challenges to bring data informed recommendations and analysis for testing content mix, placement, and presentation.
- Prepare and present presentations to senior leaders in a non-technical way, have a high attention to detail in double checking data for accuracy, and produce detailed documentation
Who You Are…
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics and experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Parse.ly, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience in creating visualizations through tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, and/or Mode Analytics
- Technical Skills - experience with Excel, SQL, relational databases, data warehouses
- Experience with Alteryx, Python, and/or R preferred
- Experience with data-management systems, working with large data-sets and creating reporting surrounding the data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audiences and explain analytics with context.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize
- Highly motivated independent worker
Why You’ll LOVE Working Here…
The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package & group RSP (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) combined with a generous vacation plan
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements