Delivery Ink is the largest print distribution network in Canada that provides best in class consolidated distribution management for the Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail portfolio of products within Ontario, to hundreds of thousands on a daily basis. Our broad network of Home Delivery and Single Copy points of call allows us to successfully integrate consolidated distribution and established the foundational infrastructure for future growth of multi-product distribution
Delivery Ink is ready to exceed your home delivery needs!
This is an exciting time to join the Delivery Ink leadership team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, and best practice. Reporting to the Senior Logistics Manager, the Logistics Manager (LM) is responsible for the leadership and management of district business optimization activities. You will be a key front-line connection between DI, client partners, and the distributors.
As A Member Of Our HIGH PERFORMANCE Team You Will:
- The LM will have day-to-day operational oversight of several Distributors within a specific geographic region, with the primary goal to ensure the customer service experience is delivered consistently, meeting all service metrics and expectations.
- The LM role will coordinate the resolution of complaints to ensure that all performance metrics are met as well as first call resolution to minimize customer escalations.
- Ensuring key performance metrics (such as CPM) are adhered to on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Develop and execute plans for regular depot and Distributor audits
- Illustrate a keen understanding of effective optimization of process from planning to implementation
- Liaison with Information Services team members on key activities related to service improvements and process execution
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure the customer experience is delivered consistently, meeting all service metrics and expectations
- Establish strong vendor and client partner relationships
- Ability to identify and analyze Vendor Key Performance Metrics and implement sound business resolutions based on trends and patterns
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize complex and concurrent initiatives adapting to changing priorities to meet fixed schedules
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise sound independent judgment
- Limited travel required
- Develop and aid in the execution of coordinated plans for continuous service improvement activities and
- Provide the required insights and recommendations to make informed management decisions
- Effectively manage and monitor service performance of distributors by holding vendors accountable for their performance
- Ensuring timely and complete optimization of the depot to door delivery process improving the customer service experience
- Analyze and interpret internal and external data points and identify improvement opportunities/corrective action
- Implement strategies for efficient methods of achieving operational metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Set priorities to ensure timely completion of tasks within the area of responsibility
- Liaise with other departments and Vendor locations and depot sites to establish an effective partnership and understanding of the depot to door supply chain.
Why You Will Be Successful:
- Graduate and/or Postgraduate level with a focus on business
- Candidates should be experienced in distribution, customer client relations and transportation logistics
- Highly self-motivated, pro-active individual with hands on experience managing multi-client needs in a time sensitive environment, driven by continuous improvement
- Solutions oriented with keen understanding of dock to door process and workflow management
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, working well and effectively under pressure while ensuring that customer centric tenant is uncompromising
- Relevant industry experience with the ability to demonstrate results from past initiatives.
- Well-developed change management skills are necessary
- Excellent communication, problem solving, computer, and people management skills
- Ability to multitask and operate within a 24x7 operation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.