Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven . You’ll be a champion of those priorities while you leverage Torstar’s wealth of data to drive revenues for a company that is poised and positioned to lead in all of its media ventures.
As A Member Of Our HIGH PERFORMANCE Team You Will:
- Leverage rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense to help understand our customers and their needs;
- Plot and map user journeys from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
- Create deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Contribute to the product roadmap with ideas helping evolve and iterate on the user experience based on quantitative data and qualitative user research
- Consult with Product Owner, Scrum team, customers and users in decision making surrounding user flows, sitemaps, layout, styling and technical feasibility
- Design and conduct user experience research quickly and apply it to design sprints for both product and delivery teams
- Possess excellent understanding of visual design principles, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow, merging design, data & consumer insights into immersive digital experiences
- Work as a member of the UX and Design team, helping to define and design clear, beautiful interfaces for the web and mobile devices;
- Facilitate collaboration with the broader team along the way, and present the rationale behind decisions to client stakeholders;
- Provide detailed specifications for UI developers to use.
Who You Are…
- Minimum 4 years’ experience designing responsive web or mobile software applications, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating clean user interface design, ability to solve complex design challenges, using a thoughtful design process.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, InVision and other prototyping and visualization software
- Strong ability in applying design thinking tenants and user centered design principles to design challenges
- Experience building rich, interactive prototypes
- Persuasively recommends and promotes UX principles with enthusiasm, conviction, and assertiveness.
- Interface, collaborate with team and company stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects player needs and consistency
- High level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front end technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment an asset;
Why You’ll LOVE Working Here…
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package & group RSP (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) combined with a generous vacation plan
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.