In this role, the Geospatial Data Analyst will report to the Manager, Revenue Analytics and work closely with our community newspapers’ sales team through the analysis for our print and digital flyer programs. You possess a combination of data analytic skills with geospatial skills, and have an analytical mindset with a keen business acumen. You are passionate about delivering deep analysis with meaningful insights, and impactful business recommendations that enable our sales staff and contribute to revenue generation, helping to foster a data-first culture across the organization.
- Work closely with the Sales and Data teams to deliver geographic, demographic and sales analysis of our print and digital flyers.
- Conduct analysis using demographic, psychographic and customer expenditure data and mapping software to determine distribution patterns
- Gain a deep understanding of KPIs
- Ensure advertiser reporting needs are fulfilled and the analysis we are providing is evolutionary and progressive, helping to drive successful business decisions
- Ensure data presented is detailed, easily understood and inclusive, ensuring consideration of the big picture
- Have a high attention to detail, double checking data and results for accuracy
- Master, Post Grad Certificate or Bachelor Degree in GIS, Spatial Analysis, Geography, Urban Planning, Statistics, Data Analytics or related
- Advanced experience using ArcGIS Pro, AGOL and Server
- Advanced experience using Statistics Canada or Environics Analytics’ demographic and psychographic data
- Trained in programming and ability to create custom script tools in ArcGIS using arcpy (Python 2.7 or higher)
- Experience using SQL
- Experience in creating visualizations through tools such as Tableau
- Experience with data-management systems, working with large data-sets and creating reporting surrounding the data
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and digital media would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and organize
- Highly motivated independent worker
- Friendly and easy to get along with
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.