The Kit, Canada’s 360-degree beauty and style leader, is a modern media brand, which uses the power of digital, print and social to tell rich, engaging, authentically multi-platform stories. The Kit connects with readers by offering Canada’s most compelling beauty and fashion content: breaking news, gorgeous photo shoots, editor-approved shopping lists, and thoughtful trend features. The reader sees herself reflected back in the best possible light: strong, smart, beautiful.
The Assistant Art Director supports the Creative Director in creating captivating, consistent visuals for The Kit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assists with designing The Kit Print weekly features, newsletters and other platforms as needed, with guidance and approval from the Creative Director
- Assists with print production. This includes completing clipping paths, colour correcting images, and sending files to the printer.
- Helps organize and is on set for some off and on-figure photography
- Assists with planning for fashion and beauty shoots
- Coordinates and oversees some freelance deadlines and scheduling within the art department
- Liaises with Production Manager on behalf of art department
- Trains interns
- Helps uphold the quality, values and characteristics of The Kit brand
- Assists the digital editor with creative for TheKit.ca
- Manages the visual identity of content of Pinterest
- Helps the digital editor with creative for all social media platforms, overseen by the Creative Director
- Assists with other duties for the good of The Kit
WHY YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Minimum three years of graphic design education at a college or university level
- Minimum three years of work experience in a professional publishing design environment
- Understanding in adapting print design for use across digital and social platforms with the ability to create engaging visual experiences for social platforms
- Fashion and beauty retouching skills
- Still life photography experience
- Strong knowledge of print production processes and needs
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with strong typography and layout skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Open to feedback and willingness to make changes to your designs
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the Company of your requirements.