Are you looking for a fast-paced, creative and challenging work environment?
Is working with energetic, passionate people right up your alley?
We’re currently looking for a Cloud Services Specialist to help build out and maintain critical cloud-based infrastructure for The Toronto Star’s digital properties.
THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL:
As a part of the Digital Technology team, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, maintaining and scaling technical infrastructure for Cloud-based web applications
- Providing tier 2 support for web applications in production, including monitoring and production operational metrics
- Collaborating with the web development team to provision and maintain non-production environments utilizing automation
- Drive efficiency and reliability in web applications – configure self-healing infrastructure that can withstand spikes in traffic and quickly recover from underlying infrastructure issues
- Extensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudwatch, etc
- At least 5 years’ experience administrating large scale web sites using Node.js, PHP, Java, Ruby
- At least 5 years Linux administration experience
- Experience with Windows Server based web environments is an asset
- Experience of providing solutions and solving problems through automation and configuration management
- Scripting experience utilizing Bash, Ruby, Python for automation and administration
- A desire to share knowledge and collaborate within an enthusiastic technical team
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Subversion), deployment tools (Jenkins, OpsWorks) and with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Cloudformation)
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP, packet filtering (Security Groups, etc.) and an understanding of network security considerations
- Ability to manage production environments to ensure required SLAs are met
STUFF THAT’S NOT ON A RESUME:
- Experience in supporting highly customer-focused mission critical environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven and organized self –starter, with excellent planning skills
- Constructive negotiator, pragmatic and decisive
- Thrives on being on the leading edge
- Excels in a very collaborative, fast paced environment with highly interactive processes
- Excellent planning skills, highly organized and detailed person
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.