Subscription Sales Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Manage door-to-door and kiosk sales acquisition channels in order to achieve newspaper subscription circulation targets.
- Ensure all related circulation sales staff and third-party vendors are engaged, productive and properly trained to execute these sales initiatives.
- Manage circulation sales vendors including door-to-door sales crews and kiosk sales vendors (event and retail locations)
- Ensure sales vendors are properly trained, adhear to current sales offering, and report properly.
- Measure channel and program effectiveness and make recommendations for the development of future programs. This includes regularly assessing subscription pricing levels, premium offers and vendor compensation.
- Oversee direct report efforts and/or directly work with vendors in developing sales processes/projects that are managed externally.
- Negotiate agreements with sales vendors, and work with the legal department to execute.
- Ensure direct reports communicate details of circulation sales campaigns to stakeholders. Ensure standards are created and adhered to for post-mortems, program news/updates, etc. Provide leadership and guidance in advancing/promoting circulation strategy and importance within the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to customer service and other circulation staff to gain their support of sales programs to ensure success of the program.
- Work with Promotions to identify opportunities that can create additional reader value or increased sales. Work with this team to ensure marketing collateral properly represents the newspaper.
- Discuss performance expectations and achievements with staff, based on evaluation of their accomplishments, and provide feedback and/or advice for staff’s career development.
- Provide ongoing communication and direction to staff as to direction, goals and objectives, program information and achievement of results, on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly meet with staff (daily/weekly) to provide input/resources as they develop and executing sales programs and initiatives. Remove obstacles to facilitate program planning and development. Approve program recommendations before programs executed.
- Encourage and establish a positive working environment where goals are set, direction is given, objectives are met, and programs are coordinated and developed in a cost effective manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post secondary education in marketing or business
- Previous newspaper subscription sales experience an asset.
- Results oriented in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Project management and strong time management skills
- Solid understanding of the subscription sales process
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to make quick, accurate and timely decisions within the scope of the position
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.