ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design and build of technical infrastructure devices including servers and operating systems
- Diagnose and resolve Operating system, hardware and software related problems,
- Build and operate IaaS & PaaS systems in Public and Private Cloud services (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of operating systems and third-party software products
- Participate/Lead team-wide On-Call rotation to attend system & service outages; may require working on extended hours and/or weekends with smartphone or a Pager.
- Maintain systems integrity & security, mitigate risk and optimize system performance.
- Create the strategy to ensure infrastructure integrity and availability
- Depending on the issue, provide tier level 1,2 or 3 support to systems operations and quality control in the root cause analysis of problems rated to business applications
- Effectively able to provide expert advice guided by general policies, department and/or customer specifications
- Prepare and maintain operational procedures documentation relating to systems
- Produce, analyze and make recommendations on statistical reports relating to infrastructure devices and activities all the servers
- Automate and improve processes.
- Collaborate on initiatives that support a “best practices” and a continuous improvement environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post‐secondary degree in Computer Science required
- 8+ years of related IT work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in the delivery of IT infrastructure services
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer operating systems, their configurations and their impact to software application performance and security
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware and its effect on computer application performance
- Comprehensive experience to Lead technical bridges and manage post incident reporting
- Comprehensive experience to Incident, Problem, Change and Request management processes using Service Management tools in ITIL framework.
- MSCE certification an asset
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.