Toronto Star Syndication Services Sales Representative:
- 8-month contract position (April - December 2018)
The TSS Sales Rep is responsible for the day-to-day operational coordination of all TS Syndicate products and related administrative support. Primary responsibilities include financial reporting, invoicing, billing and related administrative support to the Marketing Specialist, Opt-In Products. The successful candidate could also work with the team on upcoming Content & Partnership projects.
Reporting to: Director of Content Strategy & Partnerships
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, generate and maintain all required weekly, monthly, annual financial reports including King Features Syndicate; Getty Photo Services; TSS content aggregator and partnerships.
- Manage all related invoicing & billings.
- Upload and maintain daily syndicated feeds and content uploads for TSS aggregators and customers via FTP or other web-based sites.
- Assess and resolve routine TSS and related product content delivery issues (ad or editorial).
- Prepare and manage all TSS client contracts and licensing agreements.
- Create customized financial reporting and analysis as required by Content Strategy & Partnerships projects.
- Work collaboratively with leaders and staff in other functional areas to achieve overall organizational goals.
- Address both internal and external customer and client inquiries and requests.
- Vacation backfill for Marketing Specialist, Opt-In Products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree
- Strong financial reporting and data analysis skills.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Excellent organizational; prioritizing and time management skills – able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience using web-based tools including web updating using a content management system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, an asset.
- Detail-oriented; nimble problem-solving; sound judgment and a stickler for accuracy.
- High degree of comfort working independently and dealing with wide range of requests and duties.
- Past experience working in a media or content company an asset.
- Experience with editorial content issues including copyright laws, syndication rights and licensing an asset.
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.