Torstar Corporation is a farseeing media company with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. You will join the senior management team in Toronto as it charts and navigates an intended course through present and emerging possibilities. Torstar will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative. You’ll be a champion of those priorities while you drive revenues for a company that is poised and positioned to lead in all of its media ventures.
- Lead a team of delivery managers and business analysts responsible for the on-time, on-budget completion of digital initiatives across all of TorStar Corp.
- Manage allocation of necessary resources to complete project, including assigning of design, UX, development and QA
- Ensure performance of all delivery teams is measurable. Deliver reports on team and project velocity and develop strategies for improving project teams
- Be well versed in a number of project management methodologies, including but not limited to: Agile Scrum, Kanban, PMP etc. Be sufficiently expert to know which methodology is best suited for a given initiative
- As an individual, lead specific projects – following the same disciplined approach expected of all TorStar delivery managers
- Develop strategies for training team to ensure perpetual improvement and expertise of the group
- Drive employee engagement for the Digital organization.
- Lead operational implementation of digital process tools while reducing complexity and redundancies
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with business unit leaders and product teams
- Align business unit leaders, IT and digital teams on project timelines, milestones and KPIs
- Align new digital initiatives with customer experience while influencing senior leadership on priorities and launch initiatives
- Build training and standardization of digital teams on agile and scrum process/projects
- Documenting and prioritizing workflow and updates for the various project team member
- Collecting and maintaining and necessary project documentation
- Managing all project requirements from user acceptance criteria to technical specs
- Steering the project process ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery
- 10+ years of strong project management and complex organizational transformational experience
- 7+ years of online and/or digital experience - product development/deployment
- Managerial experience with running a digital production team for enterprise-level clients
- Strong experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Experience with project management software such as Basecamp, Jira, MS Project, Omniplan, Slack, etc.
- Robust experience successfully interacting with clients and working lockstep with account to deliver on project deliverables
- Experience in driving digital transformation for a complex legacy organization
- Ability to identify opportunities, facilitate workout sessions to ideate and come up with joint cross functional solutions to improve digital experiences and streamline omni processes.
- Strong experience in DevOps, UX/UI, Microservices, Cloud, Web and Mobile Native technologies.
Why You’ll LOVE Working Here…
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package & group RSP (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) combined with a generous vacation plan
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.