Vice President, Customer Revenue & Lifecycle Management
The primary purpose of this role is to drive sustainable revenue and profit by creating, sustaining and growing customer lifetime value across all platforms and channels.
The role will define and implement a comprehensive customer lifecycle program. Using a deep understanding of the customer journey based on data analytics, the position will implement targeted customer acquisition, engagement, retention and win-back strategies aimed at improving conversion rates and increasing customer lifetime value.
The position will work closely with SVP Digital Product Management and Development and the Chief Data Officer to acquire, retain and engage a sustainable customer base.
The role has primary P&L responsibility for consumer-based revenue sources, including the full customer-facing product suite encompassing digital, mobile, social, and print, across all Torstar businesses and brands.
This role will also champion customer experience over print and digital customer journeys.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Develop, implement and manage over 100 customer engagement, development and retention lifecycle management programs. Focus especially on moving consumers from trial to repeat to registration to adoption.
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of what motivates customer behavior for each customer segment across all platforms and channels, and how those insights can be utilized to drive customer lifecycle value.
- “Own the customer funnel” and work with the data analytics team to build learning predictive models and automated triggers to optimize marketing and content delivery and while working with the SVP Digital on personalization initiatives.
- Collaborate/prioritize with data team an extensive list of lifecycle triggers programs (event, time, activity transaction, touchpoint triggers).
- Own the digital and print marketing budget and ensure spend is aligned with strategic goals and optimized to drive maximum ROI.
- Lead engagement along customer lifecycle through a customized and personalized approach based on segmentation.
- Promote consistent collaboration with newsrooms and content teams to ensure appropriate feedback loops exist and are leveraged.
- Identify new customer acquisition channels (e.g. social and messaging platforms) and assist in the development of strategies to utilize these channels to build new, loyal audiences at the right lifetime value.
- Monitor and track program performance, user behaviour and audience analytics and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Keep a close eye on competition and emerging industry trends and proactively bring forward ideas and plans for new consumer products and initiatives that support business overall goals.
- Champion the brand archetypes in all executions and consumer touchpoints.
- Accountable for the team that manages all events and sponsorships.
- Define, launch, optimize and run customer journey programs for each stage of the customer lifecycle to assist and inform operational changes and digital product UI/UX.
- Assist the Chief Revenue Officer on journey-mapping for clients and sales representatives.
- Work with the Chief Data Officer and CIO to phase in marketing systems tools and platforms to drive omni-channel execution for our single view of the customer and next best advice.
- Manage marketing operations.
- Work with P&L owners ( and virtual/matrix ) and marketing leads inside those brands on their specific go-to-market needs (pricing, value prop, prioritization).
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in marketing.
- Experience in recurring-revenue business.
- Deep analytical and business experience in customer lifecycle management, marketing and marketing analytics.
- Experience in designing and running campaigns to improve ongoing engagement, loyalty and retention.
- Experience in total customer lifecycle management.
- Experience in launching trigger based lifecycle programs, predictive model based programs and recommendation engine based programs/tactics.
- Preference for candidates with experience in customer loyalty, satisfaction and engagement metrics (NPS, CSAT, engagement).
- An agile and driven leader who has built and led high-performing marketing teams.
- Passion and strong experience leveraging rich customer data sets.
- Demonstrated leadership style and work behaviours that align with our core cultural values:
Torstar is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by Torstar throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.