New Business Development – Account Manager Professionals
Looking for your next career challenge? Want to work in an environment where you can “become the best version of yourself”? Is working with energetic, passionate people right up your alley? If so, Metro News is the place to be! Join us as we endeavor to proactively develop a talent community of engaged candidates for future opportunities. We encourage you to express your interest below and as we get closer to solidifying our future opportunities, we will connect!
Our Metro Halifax team is proactively looking to connect with seasoned, energetic and highly motivated sales professional who strive to “win” every day. Are you passionate about utilizing creative strategies to customize a broad range of advertising options, across multiple platforms (print and online)? Do others describe you as an innovative thinker whose mindset strives to partner with clients in achieving & exceeding their business objectives while also achieving company set personal monthly and annual targets?
We look forward to hearing from you!
As a member of our HIGH PERFORMANCE sales team you will:
- Actively prospect and generate new advertising revenue, both in print and online
- Achieve and exceed allocated sales targets
- Support various Special Feature and Custom Publishing opportunities
- Assist clients with building their brand and/or generating awareness about their products, events and/or services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new clients
- Respond to client queries and follow-up on all client calls and emails
- Develop and present persuasive presentations
- Log daily sales activity into CRM
Why You Will Be Successful:
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a similar role
- Some relevant post-secondary education
- Dedication to achieving extraordinary results Excellent oral & written presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills, highly organized, detail oriented, efficient, ability to meet tight deadlines, ability to set priorities and manage daily tasks
- Creative and collaborative
- Digital Advertising experience an asset but not a requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- CRM experience is an asset
- Strong sense of accountability
- Must be a team player
Why You Will Love Working Here:
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) including a minimum of 3 weeks' vacation
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
Metro English Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs. If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform Metro English Canada of your requirements.